Here is the best part about printing the Three Angels’ Messages in newspaper ads:
(1) It literally costs pennies to reach each person with the truth (between 1 to 5 cents, depending on the final price of the ad). There is no cheaper means to reach people with God’s final warning message.
(2) We don’t have to buy a printing press because the newspaper has high speed modern webpresses
that print the message for us.
(3) We don’t need an expensive air-conditioned warehouse to protect the paper from damage or for
storage because the newspaper companies take care of that.
(4) We don’t need to hire a third party to distribute the message because the newspapers supply
this service to us free!
(5) We don’t need an army of volunteers to distribute tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of pieces of literature because the newspapers do it for us. Through subscriptions, newsstand sales, hotels, libraries and other venues the newspapers have a vast network of distribution that they offer FREE!
(6) There is no postage or mailing costs to reach the communities or large cities. Plus the ads are strategically placed in the main news sections of the paper so as to catch people unaware and without prejudice. The message reaches them in the comfort and privacy of their homes, cars, offices or wherever they may find themselves.
(7) It doesn’t take weeks or months to reach tens of thousands of people because the newspaper reaches entire communities, towns and cities in one day!
(8) In street evangelism there are a lot of people who reject or refuse to take religious literature. However, in newspaper advertising, people don’t have a choice; they paid for the newspaper and the ad is already included which means that no one can refuse it – everyone is confronted with the message for this hour.
(9) In the ads we present all of the important truths of the Three Angels’ Messages; however, we do offer a free book to all those who are seeking more truth. So yes, we do mail books out, but only to those who actually request them. This helps keep our costs low.
(10) Newspaper advertising is a divinely inspired plan. Notice what the servant of the Lord says: “It is necessary that wise plans should be laid to secure the privilege of inserting articles into the secular papers, for this will be a means of awakening souls to see the truth” (Evangelism, 129).